Job Title: Senior Full Stack Developer
Job Location: Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand
● One of Asia-Pacific's most awarded digital design agencies
● Great values, culture and studio
● International work
Seeking a Full Stack Developer with a strong eye for design, to join our award-winning studio in New Zealand.
Gladeye is one of Asia-Pacific’s most awarded digital studios, including nominations for
Awwwards Digital Agency of the Year the past two years running, a 2018 Webby, and 5 medals at the 2018 DINZ Best Awards.
Our studio in Parnell is filled with natural light, plants and great people. We believe small teams who like each other and work hard together can change the world. We work with clients from all around the world, from New Zealand and Australia, to the US and more. If anyone has a challenge that will make a positive impact on the world then we’re interested in working with them.
We attract some of the most talented people from across the globe and it’s not just the
interesting projects that brings them in. Take a look at what we have to offer.
• Our office surrounded by trees and parks, yet is just 5 minutes from central Auckland and 11 minutes from the Mission Bay (main beach)
• There are loads of great eating options close by and we have a French market next door
• We have plenty of free parking, near by
• Work in the office 4 days a week and 1 day from home (Wednesday)
• Flexible start time
• A healthy work life balance
• Work in small, focused teams
• Get paid weekly, 31 paid holiday days and 5 paid sick days per year, in your first year
• Use the latest hardware
• Enroll in our personal development programme
• Choose you working space, the coffee bar, the sofas, the beanbags, at your desk, it’s up to
• Excellent coffee, teas, snacks, sodas, craft beer, table tennis, arcade machine and a cat called Morty
Job Details - What we’re looking for
Our mission is to create exceptional digital products and brand experiences that create value for our clients, their customers and the world.
Our new Senior Full Stack Developer should be driven to produce exceptional digital
experiences, whether they be beautiful websites or innovative products. We’re looking for
someone who lives and breathes code and is equally comfortable setting up back-end systems, designing APIs, implementing responsive interfaces or building apps. You’ll be able to create solutions from scratch while also able to support and improve existing systems. Your eye for design will help us craft front-end experiences that look exceptional, with attention to detail to ensure everything we deliver is something we can proudly stand behind. As a senior member of the team, you’ll help mentor more junior members, inspiring them to deliver experiences that stand toe-to-toe against our global competition, and then knocks them out.
Every project we undertake starts with a strong understanding of our clients’ problems. You will be comfortable talking to technical and non-technical people alike, interfacing with third party systems big and small, while helping stakeholders feel comfortable they are in safe,
If you’re looking for an exciting role, where no two days are the same and thrive on the
challenges that hide around every corner, then we’d love to hear from you.
• 5+ years of front and back-end experience with website, apps and repos to support your work.
• A team player with experience collaborating closely with designers, project managers and
• Fantastic communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts both to clients and internal teams.
• Language agnostic, with a strong understanding of coding patterns
• Avid self learner, our digital world is constantly changing and we have to keep up
• Strong English written skills, with correct grammar and spelling. E.g. Able to write technical
documents, including architecture diagrams and data flow diagrams that can be understood by clients and your peers.
• Strong English verbal skills. E.g. Able to run technical meetings with your project team and
discuss technical details with clients.
• PHP / Laravel
• React Native (nice to have)
• Git and Git Workflow
• Containerisation system, e.g Docker
What NZ has to offer
• New Zealand is the 2nd safest country in the world to live
• Easy to get around and explore at the weekends (ski in the morning, surf in the afternoon)
• Economic stability
• No vaccinations required
Are you ready to work in New Zealand? Some things you need to think about
We can support your visa application, which if approved would allow you to work in NZ for 30
months, but you need to be ready to move your life around the world. This can involve more
than you think. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
• You will need to be on a plane to NZ roughly 4-6 weeks after accepting the job
• Have you talked the move through with your family/partner/friends? Would they come with
• Do you have any pets that can’t be left with you family/friends? Bringing them to NZ can be
• Do you need to sell your house or be involved in legal matters that would require your physical
presence in Argentina? How are you going to do that from NZ?
How To Apply
Please include your CV and a link to your public repo or code samples.
CVs needs to be sent in english and to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subjet: NZ 4
Los CVs se recibirán hasta el jueves 17/10/2019 a las 13:00 hs.
Si el asunto del e-mail no es correcto o no se ajusta a lo pedido, no será presentado a la empresa.
A partir de esa fecha, los postulantes seleccionados podrán comunicarse con la empresa para aclarar dudas.